Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

This morning before I started work, I took time to reflect and give thanks for the many blessings I have received. I am most grateful for my family, and I am thankful for special friends in the USA. Here in Rome I am grateful for Vincenzo, the friends and great work colleagues. I am also thankful for a fulfilling teaching career and our church community of Caravita.

Today was a work day. Just before lunch I read a story about Thanksgiving to my class. Then we joined the other students in grades 1 through 5 for a lunch of roast turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce and an apple tart.

This is a picture of my class in the atrium of our school
with a Thanksgiving table setting featuring a roast turkey in a dress!
(It was a hen, not a tom.)

The cafeteria people worked hard to serve a warm meal
to nearly 500 people in three sittings.

Here are some of my students enjoying their lunch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Larry:

Glad to see you carrying on your Thanksgiving tradition in Rome! I enjoyed Thanksgiving lunch in Buenos Aires with friends from Australia and Argentina, but did not succeed in finding turkey. A friend did cook one so there should be leftovers. Did the kids polish off yours?