Sunday, April 5, 2009

Palm Sunday without Palms

Romans use olive branches on Palm Sunday, even though there is an abundance of palm trees throughout the city. In the Gospel of Mark (that was read today) there is no mention of palms.
Many people spread their cloaks on the road,
and others spread leafy branches
that they had cut from the fields.
Those preceding him as well as those following kept crying out:
"Hosanna!
Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!
Blessed is the kingdom of our father David that is to come!
Hosanna in the highest!"


Distributing leafy branches in Piazza San Ignazio.
Processing to Caravita from the Piazza San Ignazio.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Larry!
I just want to say that all your Lenten journey is great. I've just have had the time o read your blog and I really liked! YOU RE GREAT!!!
Just one person like you could have the sensibility to see, read, interpretate... the flavor of Rome, specially in this time of Lenten and "Paques". I dont know how to express what I'm feeling about you and all the things that I've read and see...
Just CONGRATULATIONS from the deep of my heart...
I congratulate me for having you as my friend
LOTS OF LOVE
JM

Anonymous said...

ups... I forgot to say that you look very well with "sotanas"... je je je...
And of course that I loved all the pictures, specially those of bikes and motorcycles...
Did you know about my passion for bikes... And now I drive just "motos" in this city!
JM