Sunday, February 15, 2009

Update: The Swiss Guards were fakes!

Earlier I wrote about seeing Swiss Guards in Piazza Collegio Romano. A journalist with the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops immediately knew that they were not the real thing! This evening I found out from a priest who lives in the neighborhood that the "guards" were actors in costumes connected with the movie "Angels and Demons," opening next week in New York.  I understand that today there were also other staged sets around the city of Rome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I just found this entry so this is kind of random. Actually, there was a press photocall with Ewan McGregor and some other actress. I was trying to figure out where they were, but the website has the church's name wrong.
http://www.wireimage.com/ItemListings.aspx?igi=354858&nbc1=1