The stone sculpture of the Madonna and Child dates from 1310-1330 and was carved in Como, in the Po Valley. The standing virgin, with her veiled and crowned head, holds an older Christ child in her left arm and a rose in her right hand.
The Jubilee Church was designed by Richard Meier and dedicated in 2003. It is located in a neighborhood of low/middle income apartment buildings built in the 1970's. It is in an area called Tor Tre Teste (named for a relief of three heads carved into a medieval guard tower dating from the 4th century) about 6 miles east of the center of Rome.