Saturday, September 19, 2009

Terrace of the Quadrigas

Third Saturday Field Trips or "Birdwalking" with Mr. Litman

This year I am offering my students an opportunity for optional weekend field trips on the third Saturday of the month. Today I took some 5th graders to get a view of "Rome from the Sky." We went to the Terrace of the Quadrigas (chariots with four horses) located on top of the Monument to Victor Emmanuel II at Piazza Venezia.

Click here to see the view we enjoyed. (45 sec. video) We looked for our homes, counted how many clocks we could see, and unsuccessfully tried to count bell towers and church domes.

1 comment:

Gerry said...

Hi Larry,
You and I were good friends in school and I just wanted to tell you that I am so proud of who you have become. I see in the faces of your students that you are making a difference. Keep up the good work
Love ya
Gerry